Female-Directed Horror Anthology 'XX' Teases Terror Ahead Of Sundance
One of the most buzzed about titles from the upcoming Sundance Film Festival is the horror anthology XX. Named for the chromosomes of its female filmmakers, this four-part thriller boasts shorts from Jovanka Vuckovic (“The Captured Bird”), Annie Clark (A.K.A musician St. Vincent), Roxanne Benjamin (Southbound), and Karyn Kusama (Girlfight). In front of the camera, this much anticipated horror flick features The Strain’s Natalie Brown, UnREAL’s Breeda Wool, character actress extraordinaire Melanie Lynskey, and A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night’s Sheila Vand.
Check out the tantalizing first trailer below:
Following its Sundance review, XX will open in select theaters and on VOD on February 17.
Kristy Puchko will be livid if XX gets less attention and sequels than V/H/S.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia