Conan The Barbarian Trailer: Contemplate This On The Tree Of Woe
OK, so I’ll admit it. I’ve given the upcoming remake of Conan The Barbarian a not-too-healthy ration of shit over the past year. I’ve ragged on star Jason Momoa despite never having seen him act, I’ve mocked director Marcus Nispel, and Lord knows I’ve taken some pretty cynical shots at the writing staff. There’s a fine line between reporting and opining, and I, perhaps unfairly, left that line in the dust several months ago.
Now we’ve got the first trailer, and I’m here to tell you… I’m pretty sure I’m fucking right. This looks horrendous.
“I live. I love. I slay. And I am content.”
Holy shit, really? And will he have an expression other than “petulant sneer?” Someone needs to Zoolanderify this motherfucker. I’m not even going to get into the even-worse-that-usual trailer voice, since it doesn’t really have any bearing on the film.
Still, this is just a teaser, with little actual footage. So maybe it’ll…
This is most decidedly not what is best in life.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia