Amazon's 'Sneaky Pete' Trailer: Evil Cranston! Martindale! Ribisi! Yost!
Sneaky Pete — the pilot of which was written by Bryan Cranston (who also produces, and takes the “… and” credit — was originally pitched to CBS, but the network passed on it. Amazon smartly picked it up, and last year aired the pilot, to see if viewers were interested enough in it for a full series. They were. Come January, the first season will finally air.
Lord Castleton didn’t care for the premise of the series — a con man pretends to be his cellmate and moves into his family’s home after his cellmate’s 20-year absence — but called the acting, writing and directing “unassailable,” and ultimately hoped Amazon would pick it up. “Not just because I would have immediately started the second episode if it was available, but because I’ll take any amount of Cranston in my television watching, no matter how small.”
That’s kind of how I feel about the trailer. Having Justified creator Graham Yost take over as showrunner sure doesn’t hurt, either.
Sneaky Pete premieres on Amazon on January 13th.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia