Why You Won't See Katniss And Peeta Bang In 'Mockingjay - Part 2'
Nope. It’s not because there’s no sex scene in the book Mockingjay. Besides, the filmmakers behind The Hunger Games movies have been pretty willing to tweak their adaptation to favor fan favorites, like looping Effie in the District 13 plot. But director Francis Lawrence admits no amount of fan fervor would push him to include an Everlark sex scene.
He tells the LA Times:
“There are definitely ideas that they come up with that we don’t want to do. The ‘Everlark’ sex. Where they want Katniss and Peeta to have sex at the end of the movie, have a sex scene. There was no shooting that. These just aren’t sexual movies. The romance itself too, nobody actually has time to truly think about romance. It’s all sort of situational. It’s about comfort and trauma. She’s not pining over boys. It’s not like Twilight. That was all about abstinence and wanting somebody so badly. I get it in stories like that; in this, it just didn’t make sense.”
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 opens today. Read Rebecca’s review here.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia