Thomas Cruise Mapother IV Is Going to Get Himself Killed One Day (Today Is Not that Day)
Here’s a neat behind-the-scenes video of problematic Tom Cruise being a death-defying bad ass by becoming the first actor ever to pull off a HALO jump. That’s a high altitude, low open parachute jump. He jumps out of a military airplane at 25,000 feet in the air, falls at 200 miles per hour, opens his chute at 2,000 feet, and somehow lands feet away from the camera.
HALO jumps are meant to be for, like, soldiers who want to land in hostile territory without being detected. Cruise could pull off this stunt with stuntmen and CGI, but that’s not how Tom Cruise rolls. The worse his most previous movie bombs, the more dangerous the stunt in his next movie, and here, he’s coming off of The Mummy and American Made (the latter of which was actually a pretty good mid-budget flick).
Watch, because the next behind-the-scenes video from Tom Cruise may depict his actual death.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia