The Teaser for Disney's Live Action 'Lion King' Looks Like a Really Expensive Nat Geo Special
After the success of the live-action Beauty and the Beast, the live-action Jungle Book, the live-action Maleficent and the expected success of the upcoming live-action versions of Dumbo, Aladdin, Lady and the Tramp, Mulan, The Little Mermaid, or basically the entire Disney animated catalogue save for Treasure Planet, a live-action Lion King was all but inevitable. Now, the first teaser trailer is here, and it looks gorgeous. However, it’s not technically live-action — director Jon Favreau uses the same photorealistic computer-generated animation that he did in The Jungle Book and I think the whole thing was shot on a sound stage in Los Angeles.
But damn, it looks impressive.
The cast includes Donald Glover as Simba, Beyoncé as Nala, Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar, James Earl Jones as Mufasa, and Seth Rogen, Keegan Michael-Key, Billy Eichner, John Oliver, and Aflre Woodward — among others — round out the cast. It opens on July 19, 2019.
Header Image Source: Disney
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia