The Full Trailer for Jennifer Lawrence's 'mother!' Is B-A-N-A-N-A-S
We have had some pretty great horror movies over the last few years (Babadook, It Follows, Don’t Breathe, Get Out, and there’s a nice batch of genre directors with a consistent output (Adam Wingard, James Wan, Fede Alvarez) but it’s rare that an A-list Oscar-caliber director tackles the horror genre these days (save for Guillermo del Toro). So, it’s nice to see Darren Aronofsky returning to horror seven years after Black Swan with mother!. The trailer features lots of genre tropes, but this is Aronofksy, so I suspect he’s going to upend them and deliver one hell of a horror flick.
Here’s the short logline: “A couple’s relationship is tested when uninvited guests arrive at their home, disrupting their tranquil existence.”
It still won’t be as good as Don’t Breathe, but I am here for it nevertheless, if only for the ick factor of having two strangers come into your home and bang each other in the basement.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia