The Amazing Lonely Island Musical Number You Didn't See at the Oscars
Andy Samberg and the Lonely Island guys were purportedly commissioned to write a number for the Oscars this year, but the song ultimately was not chosen because it was “financially and logistically impossible,” and after you watch this, you’ll understand why.
The finances, I think, the Oscars could have pulled off. Having Michael Fassbender make fun of The Snowman and getting all
four five of the Chrisses together might have been considerably more difficult. It would have been worth it, though. It was kind of a snoozer of a telecast — for all the right reasons! — but this would have provided the Oscars with one of — if not the — most memorable musical number since, uh, Rob Lowe’s Oscar opening.
But seriously, I bet Fassbender killed it.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia