Suspenders Are COOL! Behold Jodie Whittaker's 'Doctor Who' Look
Last July, women and non-garbage people rejoiced when Doctor Who unveiled that after 54 years, 12 incarnations and countless adventures, a woman would at long last take on the titular role! We cheered and wept with joy over the announcement that Jodie Whittaker would take up the torch from Peter Capaldi, and eagerly awaited details on her instantly historic run on the much beloved sci-fi series. Now, First Look of Whittaker in her official Doctor Who costume. Gone is the dark hoodie, and in its place an outfit whimsical, androgynous, yet defiantly stylish.
We for one welcome our new female Time Lord.
Whittaker is expected to take over the role at the end of this year’s Doctor Who Christmas special, “Twice Upon A Christmas,” which will also feature Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor, David Bradley as the First, and Pearl Mackie, as the brief but heart-winning companion Bill Potts.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia