Sir Ian McKellen Is 'Mr. Holmes' In This Pre-Trailer Clip
Ian McKellen dropped a peek at his portrayal of a 93-year-old Sherlock Holmes in Bill Condon’s Mr. Holmes. Set in 1947, Holmes is dealing with old age and the dulling of his once keen intellect. BBC has the synopsis:
The long-retired Sherlock Holmes lives in a remote Sussex farmhouse with his housekeeper and her son. In the twilight of his life, Holmes tends to his bees, writes in his journal and grapples with the diminishing powers of his mind. With the help of his housekeeper’s son, Holmes revisits an unsolved case in an effort to find answers of his own to questions about life and love.
McKellen stars alongside Laura Linney and Milo Parker in the film, which will premiere at the Berlin Film Festival. There is no wide release date as of yet.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia