'Predator' Trailer: Shane Black Is the Reason It Gets the Benefit of the Doubt
On the one hand, did we really need another Predator movie? They rebooted the damn thing just 8 years ago, and that movie was OK, but it’s not like it made a ton of money ($52 million domestic). This feels like the Terminator franchise: The studio has the rights to a once profitable brand that most of the world has mostly lost interest in, and they just keep trying to revive that interest to little avail.
If there’s a way to do it, though, it’s with Shane Black behind the camera and Yvonne Strahovski, Olivia Munn, Keegan Michael Key, and Sterling K. Brown in front of it, along with adorable Jacob Tremblay. Black knows the franchise, too; he starred in the original movie.
And yet, the teaser trailer doesn’t exactly wow me.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia