Mr. Skin, which compiles a database on every boob flash, nipple slip, and dong appearance in movies and television, has compiled its list of 2015’s best nude scenes, which is always a curious list, because of how they apparently define “best.” Is it the best looking nude scene? The most effective nude scene? The most salacious? Or the most prurient? Or is it a combination?
Unfortunately for more than half of our audience, Mr. Skin apparently only cares about female nudity. Still, it’s an interesting curiosity, and maybe it will encourage more people to see Dope and Ex Machina, two of the best movies of 2015, for reasons that have nothing to do with the nudity.
10. Kristen Wiig in Welcome to Me — I actually haven’t seen this movie, but the screenshots suggest the scene involves Kristen Wiig — sad and covered in blood — walking through a casino in a daze. That’s a weird call.
9. Ruby Rose in Orange is the New Black — Piper agrees with its placement.
8. Chanel Iman in Dope — It’s a really good movie, and Iman’s nudity had very little to do with it, but if that’s what it takes to get you to watch, that’s cool.
7. Sarah Silverman in I Smile Back — This is the scene where Silverman examines herself in the mirror, snorts some coke, and then has anal sex with a married man played by Thomas Sadoski, the guy from The Newsroom.
6. Alicia Vikander in Ex Machina — A nude android staring at herself in the mirror? Whatever kinks your boat, I guess.
5. Lena Headey / Rebecca Van Cleave in Game of Thrones — Great scene, but not really because of the nudity, or rather, there was nothing sexual about the nudity. The nudity made it harder to watch, which I guess makes it an effective nude scene, but not exactly the “best” nude scene.
4. Klara Kristin and Aomi Muyock in Love — I haven’t seen this movie, but I understand the sex in Gaspar Noe’s film is not simulated. It’s real. So, basically it’s pretentious porn (reviews took the film to task for being boring, which is the last thing you want to hear about a film with actual sex in it).
2. Madalina Diana Ghenea in Youth — Basically, this scene amounts to a very attractive naked woman jumping into a giant outdoor sauna with Michael Caine and Harvey Keitel, who ogle and comment, but not in a gross way. More of a doddering old man kind of way.
1. Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey — Really? In a tasteful, sterile BDSM movie? It’s kind of obvious, isn’t it? Like nominating Adam Sandler for a Razzie.
Source: Mr. Skin