Trailer: Matthew McConaughey's 'White Boy Rick' Looks Outstanding
Here’s the trailer for Matthew McConaughey’s White Boy Rick, which is actually not the origins story to True Romance’s white-boy day. It’s based on the true story of Richard Wershe Jr., known as White Boy Rick, who — at the age of 14 — became the youngest FBI informant ever. After the FBI ditched him, however, Wershe was busted for selling cocaine and sentenced to life in prison (he served 30 years and was paroled last year).
Anyway, the movie — set in 1984 — looks like another possible Matthew McConaughey resurrection, only now in more of a character actor supporting role, while it is newcomer Richie Merritt who landed the lead. French director Yann Demange directs from a screenplay from Steve Kloves (Wonder Boy, the Harry Potter movies).
White Boy Rick comes out on September 21st, around the opening of awards season contenders.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia