Two Rumors Enter, One Rumor Leaves
Before posting a trade news piece, I always do a quick search on the site (there’s a search box on the right hand side, neat huh?) to make sure that I didn’t already write about that particular bit of news and lose it down a memory hole created of cheap burritos and cheaper whiskey. Well let’s just say that the actual current news about Mad Max 4: Beyonder Thunderdome is absolutely dwarfed by the sheer awesome randomness of all the previous rumors that have rolled out over the last year or two.
So here’s the round up of all the random rumors of the film:
- It’s definitely subtitled “Fury Road” at this point.
- It will not be a 3D anime film. (which was rumored back last March)
- It also will not star Jeremy Renner of The Hurt Locker fame. (which was rumored back in August)
- Sam Worthington probably isn’t in it either. (there were vague rumors of that back in October)
- It’s probably going to start filming in August of 2010, (although originally it had been slated for January of 2010)
- It will definitely be filming in Australia
- Depending on the phase of the moon, Mel Gibson may or may not be making a cameo
- Tom Hardy is playing Mad Max, so presumably it’s a reboot or prequel or a time travel song and dance affair.
- Charlize Theron is definitely in it. And by definitely, I mean that there was a press release. So that means at least a 50% chance that’ll fall through too.
- But Teresa Palmer has also been announced as the female lead … so Theron is presumably doing something else.
- And the latest and greatest rumor? That Sir Patrick Stewart will be joining the cast. Of course the entire basis of the rumor is an anonymous fan emailing Harry Knowles claiming that he had run into Stewart in Australia and that Stewart told him about it. Score one for journalism.
Zac Efron as the Next Spider-Man? |
The Smurfs Leaked Image