Hey, '90s Kids! Macaulay Culkin Is Helping Bring Us A New ToeJam & Earl Video Game!
Way back in 1991, the Sega Genesis console was highly coveted in my household. We had one and my Mom once even paid monthly for the high-tech Sega Channel when it came out in 1994. I could play — when my brother wasn’t — for hours, switching among the various games we had instant access to back in the day.
One of those games was ToeJam & Earl, the story of two rapping aliens attempting to navigate Earth in order to find the parts needed to repair their ship and go home. In 1994, three years after the first game, there came a sequel called ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron. Apparently, the Xbox got a go at the series with the third installment in 2002.
I enjoyed the oddness of the aliens, the music, and the noises the characters made while playing. It was strange, gleeful fun.
After a successful Kickstarter campaign, a reboot/sequel called ToeJam and Earl: Back in the Groove will release on March 1, 2019, on the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Playstation 4, and Steam. Not only that but Macaulay Culkin’s comedic website Bunny Ears is moving into the video game arena by executive producing the game.
It’s a 1990s nostalgia party and we’re all invited. It looks GLORIOUS.
Header Image Source: HumaNature Studios via Stride PR
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me