Live-Action 'Dumbo' Remake Has Hired Director Tim Burton To Make An Elephant Fly In Striped Socks
Disney is really going for it with their full-force cinematic assault. They’ve got Star Wars sequels and spin-offs, Marvel superheroes from all facets of the universe, Pixar animation, and live-action remakes of their own animated classics. Following their new spin on Alice in Wonderland, Maleficent and Cinderella, the House of Mouse has decided to repackage Dumbo.
Naturally, they’ve hired Tim Burton to direct.
Dumbo will mix live action with CGI animals to tell the story of a misfit elephant learning how to turn his perceived imperfection into something extraordinary. I’m not sure how confident I am in that process looking adorable or believable enough to push the same emotional buttons as the original. Johnny Depp’s imminent casting is another negative. On the bright side, there probably won’t be a “Baby of Mine” scene.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia