Joaquin Phoenix in Talks to Play the Lead in a Joker Origin Movie
There’s not a lot of details to this story, but I suspect that those of you in the comment section can spin some gold (and GIFs) out of it: Joaquin Phoenix has apparently agreed in principal to play the lead in a Joker movie. It’s a stand-alone film that tracks the origins of what led the Joker to become a mastermind criminal.
Todd Phillips (yeah, The Hangover guy) is set to direct and co-write the film for D.C. Scott Silver (The Fighter) is the other co-writer.
Phoenix will not be replacing Jared Leto, who will reprise his role as the Joker in Suicide Squad 2, which means that there will be two Jokers floating around the DC Universe for now. Leonardo DiCaprio was originally up for this role, but that apparently never worked out.
Joaquin Phoenix. Todd Phillips. The Joker. That’s just a weird combination all around.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia