Is Sony Trying To 'Deadpool' Up 'Venom' With Their Rom-Com Trailer?
I’m not saying that no other Marvel or DC universe character’s movie is allowed to get goofy with their ad campaigns. I’m just saying that Deadpool did it — and much, much better.
Sony released a new Venom movie trailer cut to make the flick look like a romantic comedy or holiday love story. It is very short, won’t fool anyone like Deadpool may have, and is more than a little unsettling to watch.
It’s fine. It’s not Deadpool levels of anything, but it is fine. Maybe try something new next time, Sony? You should have cut the trailer to look like a children’s movie.
Will this copycat trailer make me buy Venom when the digital version goes on sale December 11 or the Blu-Ray on December 18? Nope. That will strictly be due to Tom Hardy starring in the movie, as I love him and his accents.
Header Image Source: Marvel
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia