Here Is Every Thing We Know About the Upcoming 'Captain Marvel' Movie
We already know that Brie Larson is going to be Captain Marvel. There isn’t a ton of information out there about the first female-led MCU movie, but I did go looking for you. I’m a giver like that.
1. The movie will begin filming in January 2018 and will be released in March 2019. THAT IS A HORRENDOUSLY LONG TIIIIIME.
2. Larson knows that some fans will be upset with her version of Captain Marvel:
To be fair, there are a lot of iterations of her, so there’s going to be some people there who think this isn’t right. - VIA
3. Captain Marvel will connect the Earthbound heroes to the heroes in space:
She’s a believer in truth and justice and she is a bridge between Earth and space. She’s fighting between the flaws that are within her and all this good that she wants to try and spread and make the world a better place. She can also fly and shoot things out of her hands. And she’s really funny! - VIA
4. In an interview with Vulture last October, Marvel Studio head Kevin Feige revealed that Carol Danvers is the strongest of all the MCU heroes:
All of the Marvel characters have flaws to them, all of them have a deep humanity to them. With Captain Marvel, she is as powerful a character as we’ve ever put in a movie. Her powers are off the charts, and when she’s introduced, she will be by far the strongest character we’ve ever had. It’s important, then, to counterbalance that with someone who feels real. She needs to have a humanity to tap into, and Brie can do that.
5. The movie will be written by women. Meg LeFauve (Inside Out) and Nicole Perlman (Guardians of the Galaxy).
6. Marvel also wants to hire a female director, but no one has been named as of yet.
7. Captain Marvel cannot arrive soon enough.