Henry Cavill Is Reportedly Hanging Up the Superman Cape
The Hollywood Reporter is reporting, without any confirmation from either Warner Brothers or Henry Cavill, that Cavill is out as Superman. DC apparently wanted him to do a cameo for the Zachary Levi superhero film Shazaam, but the deal fell apart, and it appears as though the DC Universe is going to go in a different direction.
That direction reportedly entails an origins film for Supergirl (shouldn’t it be Superwoman already?), an origins tale that would make Kal-El an infant. Cavill, meanwhile, has signed on for a Netflix series, The Witcher, and another Superman film is not expected for several years.
If confirmed, Cavill would join Ben Affleck — who plays Batman in the DC Universe — as yet another actor leaving the fledgling DCEU, which seems to be finding more success in Wonder Woman and their villainous characters than in their male superheroes, although Aquaman will get another crack at it later this year.
Header Image Source: WB
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia