1. According to THR, “Chuck” star Zachary Levi has been tapped to play Fandra in Thor 2, which will be directed by Alan Taylor, a regular directed of “Game of Thrones” episodes. He will replace Josh Dallas, who played the character in the first film because Dallas has a television show commitment (ironically, Levi was the original choice for the first film but couldn’t do it because of a television show commitment).
2. According to Variety, Rob Cohen, the genius behind Stealth xXx and Skulls, is making an action movie about Sir Isaac Newton, focusing specifically on a “part of Newton’s life when he served as chief detective and head of the British Mint.” Yeah. Sir Isaac Newton: Action Hero. Obviously.
3. According to THR, Cary Fukunaga (Sin Nombre, Jane Eyre) has been tapped to adapt Stephen King’s It. Into two films. He will co-wrote the script with Chase Palmer, who co-wrote Frank Herbert’s Dune. I don’t quite know how it will work, but you can never have enough Pennywise and, hey! Fukanga. Tim Curry is still around. You’re not going to find a better actor for the role.
4. Deadline is reporting that Universal is in discussions with director Rupert Sands to direct a sequel to Snow White and the Huntsman. The studio has an option on the principal actors for two sequels.
5. Yes. We changed the commenting system again. GOD. Why did we change it in the first place? Honestly, because clinging to our old comment system was like newspapers clinging to print. I’d love to honor all the old-timers on the site who prefer the commenting system without the bells and whistles, but 152 newspapers shut down last year because they refused to adapt. But why did we change again only one week later? It’s not a change so much as it’s an upgrade to the beta version of Disqus. You’re all Official Beta Testers’ with Exclusive Preview Access to the new Disqus! Congratulations! I wasn’t keen to make this much change this fast, but in the old version, a lot of commenters were left out because they’re forced to use old Internet Explorer browsers by their corporate IT overlords and Disqus does not work well with IE8. It is my understanding that a lot more folks will be able to participate with this new version, although not all (I apologize vociferously).
My first suggestion, because it’s not the default, is to go under “Discussion” and change the sorting option from “Best” to “Oldest” first, unless you’d prefer the “Best.” You can also upvote and downvote comments, and under the “Community” tab, there’s all kinds of cool features for regular commenters. Dick around with it, lob your complaints, and electronically throw shit at me.
You do not have the power, however, to downvote this post.
Oh, and one more thing: To the gentlemen who was freaking the hell out last night because we “changed” his commenter name: I have no idea what you’re talking about, sir. Your commenter name is determined by Disqus, and it’s likely that you signed up before under a certain email address, and it remembered your commenter name from then. But if I could, that’s totally how I’d spend my weekends: Changing people’s commenters names because obviously that’s the kind of sick bastard I am. Obviously. Did you see the size of that Pennywise GIF?