Puddy Is Lemony Snicket in Netflix's 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'
Netflix continues to terrorize the concept of “real TV” with the teaser trailer for A Series of Unfortunate Events, which will be released January 13, 2017.
The series is of course based on the works of Lemony Snicket, the pen name of fruit-based race joker Daniel Handler. The books were originally adapted as a Jim Carrey movie in 2004, but franchise plans were ultimately squashed. Netflix seems a much better fit for the delightfully odd series.
Look at this cast!
Neil Patrick Harris - Count Olaf
Patrick Warburton - Lemony Snicket
Joan Cusack - Justice Strauss
K. Todd Freeman - Mr. Arthur Poe
Aasif Mandvi - Uncle Monty
If K. Todd Freeman doesn’t sound familiar to you by name, here’s how you might best remember him: as Mr. Trick, henchman to Mayor Wilkins on Buffy. The series was created by Mark Hudis, a writer for That ’70s Show, Nurse Jackie and True Blood, as well as my personal favorite, Cybill.
If Patrick Warburton can’t be The Tick anymore, this will do splendidly.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia