Watch Out For Those Rising Hopes: Bryan Fuller Says 'Hannibal' May Not Be Done Yet
Last week it was announced that Hannibal would not be renewed for a fourth season. This news, of course, left most of us feeling very much…
However! According to Bryan Fuller himself, we shouldn’t be in full mourning yet. He says there have definitely been discussions with Netflix and Amazon. The technicalities are complicated— Netflix has expressed enthusiasm, but the show’s deal with Amazon makes their involvement unlikely, and losing NBC makes international distribution tricky— but things ARE happening, in large part due to the loud and immediate fan outcry. “Fannibals” were quick with the hashtags and it looks to have been helping.
I'm so sad NBC has cancelled "Hannibal." It's a fantastic fearless show and Bryan Fuller is an amazing talent. #SaveHannibal— Ryan Murphy (@MrRPMurphy) June 23, 2015
Of the Twitter rabble, Fuller says, “Absolutely, it helps… The fact that the fannibals have been so passionate about the show and so enthusiastic, it always helps. It may not be the thing that seals the deal, but it is an indicator of audience interest.”
Let’s try to seal that deal, though, shall we? Fuller has said that the “inherently twisted” arc planned for season four would have been “one of the coolest yet,” and would have “explored the Hannibal-Will Graham relationship in a much deeper fashion than the series ever has before.”
Comforting, hopeful hugs all around.