Zachary Quinto Is Almost Unrecognizable In The Teaser For Joe Hill's 'NOS4A2' Series
I’m laid up with a bruised tailbone after falling down the stairs of my home last Friday. In-between the fogginess of pain pills and muscle relaxers (pulled some muscles too!), I started and finished Joe Hill’s 2013 novel NOS4A2.
Although I had attempted and bailed on reading the novel multiple times in the past, my inability to do much more than lay on the couch helped me stay engaged this time around. I’m a huge fan of Hill’s other work (Heart-Shaped Box, Horns, 20th Century Ghosts), so it was easy to fall back into his prose this time around.
AMC picked up the rights to the sprawling novel and is releasing it as a 10-part series, featuring Zachary Quinto as Charles Talent Manx, an energy vampire who leeches eternal life from the children he takes to Christmasland — a place found only in his inscape; his imagination. He uses a 1938 Rolls-Royce Wraith with the license plate “NOS4A2” to travel the roads in his mind.
Vic McQueen (Ashleigh Cummings) is the first child to escape Manx’s clutches and he wants revenge. Helpfully, Vic has an inscape of her own to use in the battle to stop Manx.
AMC will begin airing episodes this summer.
Header Image Source: AMC Studios
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me