Andrew Garfield Doing What Andrew Garfield Does Best: Act
After losing four years of his life to the failed The Amazing Spider-Man franchise, it’s great to see Andrew Garfield returning to what he is so very good at: Acting. We didn’t get to see much of that after The Social Network launched him into stardom, but he brought it back home with 2014’s fantastic 99 Homes, though we will ignore his terrible accent in Mel Gibson’s Hacksaw Ridge.
He’s paired here in Under the Silver Lake with It Follows director David Robert Mitchell, who was snagged by A24 to make another film after the success of his horror feature. This one is more noir than horror, as it sees Garfield’s character sleuthing for his neighbor (Riley Keough) after they spent the night together. Topher Grace — who I thought had a healthy future in front of him before Spider-Man 3 — is also in this, along with Zosia Mamet, Jimmi Simpson, and Riki Lindhome. It opens in June.
In A24, we trust.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia