Henry Cavill has a role in Mission Impossible 6 which is currently shooting. He also has a role in Justice League (spoiler?). There are reshoots happening for the superhero flick and Cavill has his spy mustache right now. He can’t shave it, as he is contractually obligated to keep it on his lip until MI6 is done filming, lest he break a contract with Xenu and spend eternity giving e-meter readings to puppies.
Of course, the internet went batshit bonkers over the possibility of Superman having a ‘stache.
I mean come ON pic.twitter.com/mThp9m9gTS— Cameron Stewart (@cameronMstewart) July 24, 2017
Mustache Superman is canon pic.twitter.com/TCpJEJnOXy— Dave Itzkoff (@ditzkoff) July 24, 2017
There is no real word on how many reshoots involve the Man of Steel, but we do know that the magic of VFX will be removing the lip caterpillar in time for the blockbuster to be released in November. Just how long will it take to get rid of the hairy inconsistency?
Fleet explained the time frame required to build out all the basic elements needed to edit the mustache out: “One week just to make the 3D elements; then another three weeks to track, animate, and render the shaven face; and another two weeks to composite it all together.”
It would take about six weeks to edit a mustache out of a one minute clip, and approximately 25 weeks to edit a mustache out of a five minute clip, according to Fleet. - VIA
Let’s go with six weeks, shall we? What else can you do in six weeks?
1. Fire a White House Press Secretary…4.2 times.
2. You can watch the world’s slowest Rube Goldberg machine.
3. You could possibly read all five books in the A Song of Ice and Fire series.
4. You could watch every episode of The Simpsons and probably throw the movie in for good measure.
5. You could drive across the United States about 7 times.
6. You could make endless mustachioed Superman memes and wish that they would just let Superman be himself.