Reddit Asks: Who Is The Last Actor You Would Expect To Be In A Romantic Comedy?
I hate romantic comedies, except for Deadpool, Deadpool 2, Definitely Maybe, and The Proposal. Those four share some sort of magic that I just can’t seem to put my finger on due to the restraining order.
Over in AskReddit, there are lots of users probably more familiar with rom-coms and their respective power to entertain other people that aren’t me. I’m guessing that’s why u/Wolfdog55 asked all of those randoms what actors they would be surprised to encounter in a rom-com instead of emailing me care of Pajiba Advice. Typical.
My first thought was Adam Sandler before I quickly reminded myself that he has been the lead in several rom-coms over the years. My mind raced for a few moments before settling on the corpse of John Wayne. I know he’s been angling for a comeback lately with his Playboy interview in 1971, but I just don’t see how film studios would have the budget for the wizards and necromancers required to make it happen. That’s just my take on it.
Redditors had a lot of different ideas about which actors in a romantic comedy would signal they made a pact with Scientology or some lesser demon, like a casting director, to get the gig.
Ah, I love connecting my posts together during the week.
Header Image Source: Columbia Pictures
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me