The First 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Trailer Lands Next Week. Here's What We're Expecting To See
Ever since the announcement of the casting of Alden Ehrenreich as the young Han Solo in the character’s upcoming solo Star Wars spin-off there has been news, news, and more news about the project, but very little in the way of promotional material. With the movie coming on May 25th, this has been seen—alongside the behind-the-scenes shenanigans—as an ill omen of the film’s quality.
But that’s about to change, as the Solo trailer will be premiere on Good Morning America on Monday. What can we expect from this much-anticipated glimpse into the Star Wars spinoff?
Let’s consider the Solo synopsis:
Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.
Here’s our rundown of what what’s most likely going to be shown:
1. Alden Ehrenreich attempts that Harrison Ford side-smirk.
2. Those golden dice from the Millenium Falcon will be seen dangling in the ship obviously at least one shot.
3. Emilia Clarke will either be doing a British accent, and we will all breathe a sigh of relief. Or she will be attempting an American one, and we’ll have painful flashbacks to Terminator Jesusboots. Alternatively, she’ll do Valyrian and that’s even better than the English.
4. Donald Glover as Lando is absolutely perfect casting and his performance will most likely be the greatest thing about the movie. His appearance in the trailer will make us swoon. He will probably flash a smile at Han, and we’ll all collapse.
5. There’ll be a super quick shot of the side or back of Boba Fett’s helmet.
6. We’ll hear Jabba’s rasp or laugh for a second as an ominous tone is struck in the soundtrack.
7. Chewie and Han won’t get along at first. Later, they will. We’ll see both things in the trailer.
8. Alden Ehrenreich probably attempts that Harrison Ford side-smirk a second time.
9. Somehow it’ll be obvious, even from the trailer, which bits were done by Ron Howard and which by Lord & Miller.
10. The best jokes in the movie will be in the trailer. They will all have originated from Lord & Miller’s time at the helm.
11. Chewie rips some alien dude’s arm off.
12. Han flirts with someone.
13. Han gets rebuffed and Alden Ehrenreich gives Harrison Ford’s side-smirk another shot.
14. Greedo’s gotta show up.
15. You just know that R2 and 3PO are gonna fucking show up. It might even be the case that 3PO says something. Something stupid. The useless shit.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia