I can cover Sarah Michelle Gellar’s AMA, but I can’t make her give amazing answers. She’s on her own, there.
1. Star Wars or Star Trek?
M EXCUSE ME MY HUSBAND IS A JEDI. (Freddie Prinze, Jr. is voicing a character in Star Wars Rebels).
2. Coke or Pepsi?
Coke Zero. But my children do not drink it. It’s all for me. My children only drink scotch from their sippy cup. ;)
3. How did you end up in disguise in the audience during the freeze ray scene in Dr Horribles?
OH! That’s one of those rumors, like the man behind the curtain in Pretty Woman. I’m not in that. That’s one of those great all-time rumors.
4. Spike or Angel?
5. Who was a better kisser, Angel or Spike? P.S. any answer other than Spike will be incorrect, but I need you to confirm.
I’m sorry to disappoint. And again my apologies to Jamie. (Jamie is David Boreanaz’s wife).
6. Sarah, if you awoke tomorrow to discover you were Bruce Willis, what’s the first thing you would do?
Oh my god, that’s so easy! I would just walk around all day yelling “Yippee-Ki-Yay Motherfucker!” easy.
7. If you had to fight 100 Buffies the size of that fear demon from “Fear, Itself” or one Buffy sized fear demon, which would you choose?
A Buffy-sized fear demon, because he didn’t have much to offer. Even a tiny Buffy kicks ass.
8. What was it like being in the Scooby-Doo movies?
It takes a lot to talk to a dog that’s not there. I really used my acting chops on that one.
I have a funny anecdote about that. When I was doing Scooby Doo 1, I got to train with a famous Hong Kong wire team. It was great, but they always referred to me as “blond girl” which was very confusing because I had a red wig. And they would call my other stunt girl “Other blond girl.”
9. Buffy on Broadway. Yea or Nay?
As long as Kristin Chenoweth plays me…
10. Sarah, if you could create an alcoholic drink based on anything in the Buffyverse, what would you call it and what would be the ingredients?
A fruit punch mouth! And what’s in it? A red punch with rum.
11. Will you let your kids watch Buffy when they’re older or is it weird for you/them to see you on screen?
That’s an interesting question. I don’t think I’m ready to tackle the thought of them watching. I mean, right now my daughter doesn’t even want to watch me on Sesame Street, so I’m going to have to think about that one. Come back to me in a few years.
12. Dear god, I love you so much. I’m rewatching Buffy for the 10th or so time right now. What was your favorite “big bad” throughout the series?
Ohhhh! I loved a couple. When Angel turned bad. Physically I think the scariest were the guys from Hush. And also Camden Toy, I can’t think of his character’s name right now. And I also liked it when I was the bad guy. And while we’re on this topic, I remember my other favorite episode, even though no one asked: I also liked the body switching episode where I got to play Faith and Faith got to play Buffy.
14. Tell us what you did last summer.
Killed a drifter on the road.
15. What was your favorite Buffy episode to work on?
I have a few, so bear with me.
I am in a room full of Buffy fans and everyone is yelling out their favorite episodes!
My first one is “The Prom” because I just love that whole story, and I thought it just encapsulated the show so well. It was beautiful and heartbreaking.
I also love “Hush” because I think it’s not just the scariest episode we’ve ever done but the challenge to do a silent episode - I thought it would be easy but it was way harder.
And the other favorite I love is “The Body,” because it was beyond difficult and heart wrenching to shoot, and I don’t know if many people know this, but my entire first scene was all done in one take. It was 4-5 minutes of one long take.
16. Sarah, I know you’re on the forefront of the movement to pass the bill to make it illegal for paparazzi to photograph celebrity children without the parents permission. how do you feel that so many major tabloids such as Just Jared, E! and People are on board?
There are no words to put how grateful I am to JustJared, to People, and to everyone who is joining this movement. Kristen Bell is so incredible because we needed a leader, and she is making the world a safer place for my daughter. My poor daughter is petrified of cameras and doesn’t even like taking photos at home because she is scared of large men putting cameras in her face, so the fact that we are getting the support that we are is incredible. I would also like to take this chance to thank the fans who are supporting me by not buying the magazines and not watching the shows that refused to be a part of this. And also to the rockstar Kristen Bell who not only is a heroine, but also kind of my heroine right now.