It’s October and that means it’s time to watch scary movies, to revel in creepiness and all things pumpkin and eat insane amounts of candy. Kids and adults alike will break out the scary masks and on any given night, Jamie Lee Curtis can be found screaming her way through the cable channels (I’ll watch the original—and best—Halloween as many times as possible this month). But, often the scariest monsters are those who wear no mask, the ones who look like your neighbor or a co-worker, maybe even a cop. At least the masked freaks are easily identified and one can get a head start running. Unfortunately, most of these psychos look fairly normal (the exception being number 2) so by the time one figures out he’s in trouble, it just a little too late.
10. Dennis Hopper as Frank Booth in Blue Velvet
9. Martin Sheen as Kit Carruthers in Badlands
8. Casey Affleck as Lou Ford in The Killer Inside Me
7. Martin and Gary Kemp (Spandau Ballet!) as Reggie and Ronald Kray in The Krays
6. Christian Bale as Patrick Bateman in American Psycho
5. Robert De Niro as Max Cady in Cape Fear (1991)
4. Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Hannibal Lecter in The Silence of the Lambs
3. Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men
2. Malcolm McDowell as Alex DeLarge in A Clockwork Orange
1. Michael Rooker as Henry Lee Lucas in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
Before you even start bitching, Honorable Mention goes to the man who surely inspired his fellow actors, Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates in Psycho
Cindy Davis would have listened to Dr. Loomis.