40. Penny’s boat.
39. Small victories (fish biscuit!).
38. Dirty, naked Desmond.
37. Giving us a reason why someone would willingly come to the island.
36. The discovery of a second island.
35. Charlie singing Wonderwall.
34. The mysterious Eloise Hawking.
33. Cheech Marin as Hurley’s dad.
32. Hurley making his own luck.
31. Locke being smart enough to test the security perimeter.
30. A helpful “daughter.”
29. A magic box by which to transport things (and people).
28. Getting rid of excess baggage.
27. My crush with guyliner: Richard Alpert.
26. Jacob’s cabin and spooked chair.
25. Charlie’s greatest hits list.
24. His beautiful and heartbreaking sacrifice.
23. A few new and interesting people with compelling backstories and connections. (Daniel Faraday)
22. Charlotte Lewis
21. Miles Straume
20. Making our feelings go all funny by “rescuing” only a few.
19. Making us believe Desmond and Daniel could affect the past.
18. The best phone call ever.
17. Showing us the truth behind the Purge.
16. Ji Yeon.
15. Revealing Ben’s secret traveling room and his Smoke Monster summoning abilities.
14. Jack’s reaction, upon hearing Claire was his sister.
13. Showing us how to move an island (frozen donkey wheel, duh!).
12. Allowing Sawyer to witness Aaron’s birth through the island’s time jumps.
11. The shocking death of Jeremy Bentham.
10. LaFleur and Juliet rocking the 70s.
9. Almost making us feel sorry for little Ben.
8. Titus Welliver and Mark Pellegrino.
7. Juliet telling Sawyer she loves him (it still makes me cry).
6. Blowing our minds at the Lighhouse.
5. The long-awaited, glorious “Ab Aterno.”
4. The picnic.
3. Keeping Sun and Jin together until the end.
2. The “Across the Sea” backstory and revealing Jacob and the Man in Black were brothers.
1. Everybody loves Hugo…in charge.
Outstanding Achievement by a Character Award: Sawyer’s myriad nicknames.
Cindy Davis may have forgotten to retrieve her hat.