Movie dweebs are distinct from both movie geeks and movie nerds. Dweebs are neither smart, like nerds, nor do they have specialized knowledge or obsessions, like computers or comic-books. They’re just dorks. Hopeless fucking dorks. They’re never the leading man; the occasionally play the best friend role. And while they occasionally lose their virginity in comedic subplots, they always begin a movie as a virgin.
Here are the five greatest dweebs of cinema.
5. McLovin, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Superbad
4. Ducky, Jon Cryer — Pretty in Pink
3. Kenny, Seth Green, Can’t Hardly Wait
2. The Geek, Anthony Michael Hall — Sixteen Candles
1. Charles De Mar, Curtis Armstrong — Better off Dead