'SNL' Repeats One of the Year's Best Cold Opens with Wildly Different Results
When Hillary Clinton lost the election, Kate McKinnon came out as Hillary and performed Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” in the November 12th SNL cold open. Six months later, the entire corrupt Trump Administration (along with special guest, ScarJo as Ivanka) comes out and performs the same song.
It’s kind of amazing how malleable this song is. Same lyrics, same notes. And yet, it’s an entirely different song when it’s about corrupt fascists praying that they hang on to their jobs in the face of criminal indictments and impeachment instead of a woman mourning her loss and the potential loss of American idealism.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia