Reddit Asks the Question: 'Trans-people of Reddit Who Successfully Pass, What Differences Did You Notice in the Way You Were Treated, Before and After Transitioning?'
The ‘AskReddit’ sub on Reddit is one of the site’s best assets. Reddit gets a lot of deserved stick for the vile horrors that breed in its darker corners, but AskReddit is often a shining example of the best of what the self-styled ‘front page of the internet’ can be. Whether it’s funny anecdotes, interesting facts, or insightful commentary, AskReddit so often delivers the goods, bringing out the best, most eloquent side of the faceless horde of internet strangers that make it up. There is a pretty great thread on AskReddit right now, asking the question: ‘Trans-people of Reddit who successfully pass, what differences did you notice in the way people treated you compared to your birth gender?’ You can check out the full thread here but below are some highlights:
(Header picture courtesy of Getty Images)
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia