Reddit Asks the Question: ''Lord of the Rings' is Allowed One 'F-Bomb'. Where Would You Put It?'
The Lord of the Rings trilogy is, alongside the Before trilogy and the Godfather movies, my favourite series of movies of all time (even the quasi-disaster that is the third Godfather can’t bring down the overall batting average). I’m not always 100% sold on Return of the King, as there are stretches of that movie that don’t work as well as they should, but aside from that minor quibble I just cannot get enough of Peter Jackson’s three-part masterpiece. At one point I must’ve been watching the special hours-long making of DVDs once or twice a month. As is the case with the golden era of The Simpsons, the vast majority of the scripts of the first two movies is branded irrevocably into my consciousness. I use quotes from those entries almost on a daily basis.
It now looks like that frequency is going to increase. Why? Thanks to an AskReddit thread, which posed the wonderfully simple yet creative question: ‘Lord of the rings is rated PG-13 and is allowed one f bomb. Where would you put it?’ You can check out the full thread here, but below are some joyful highlights:
Header Image Source: New Line Cinema
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me