Watch Kellyanne Conway's Trainwreck of an Interview on the 'Today' Show
I don’t know if much context is even needed here; Kellyanne Conway’s slow blinking seems to say it all. Confronted by Matt Lauer about the timing of Michael Flynn’s resignation — weeks after the Trump administration already knew that Flynn had spoken to the Russians about sanctions and lied to Pence about it — Conway’s bob-and-weave gives out on her. She’s got nothing. Lauer continues to press the point, but Conway — whose heart is clearly not in it — barely even musters denials. She’s like a wounded animal who has lost her will to fight, asking Lauer to just put her out of her goddamn misery.
“In the end,” she says, “it was misleading the Vice President that made the situation untenable.”
“Which the White House knew about last month,” Lauer says, “and yet, yesterday, you went on the air and said that General Flynn had the complete and full confidence of the President.”
Not even Kellyanne Conway could talk herself out of this mess.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia