Samantha Bee Hung Out with a Bunch of Trump Fans. It Went Exactly As You'd Think.
Samantha Bee has been proving herself as the worthiest Daily Show successor who didn’t actually get the job since her premiere. Between Bee and John Oliver, you can almost forget the massive number of awful humans in the world.
Until, that is, they give them to us themselves.
Such as last night, when Bee invited a group of Trump supporters—young, educated and across different racial backgrounds but still obvs mostly white—and attempted to talk to them like rational human beings. Like Bee points out, they’re smiling, but there’s anger in their eyes.
“I think if you get enough people together, eventually someone’s gonna punch somebody in the face.” And how Bee didn’t do just that is absolutely awe-inducing.
Let’s go cry and eat Girl Scout Cookies.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia