Kellyanne Conway Hates Donald Trump, According to 'Morning Joe'
Here’s Morning Joe hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski referring to some off-camera comments Kellyanne Conway used to say about Donald Trump (when Kellyanne Conway used to be invited on Morning Joe).
“She would get off the air, the camera would be turned off and the microphone would be turned off, and she would say, ‘Blech, I need to take a shower,’ because she disliked the candidate so much.”
1) If true, Kellyanne Conway is an incredibly skilled liar, not just in how she has managed to lie on behalf of Donald Trump for the last 8 months, but for her ability to disguise her disdain for Trump
2) I appreciate that Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski are willing to share this off-the-record intel, but also, they shouldn’t be sharing that! That’s lousy fucking journalism. From a journalistic standpoint, you just don’t do that!
But maybe Mika and Joe don’t give a shit about burning bridges with the Trump Administration anymore, because — according to Scarborough’s sources at the FBI — Trump fired Comey “because he understood that Comey was on to something.”
“One of the last scenes, Axelrod [a character in ‘Billions’] talks about pulling the string. Well, guess what? The FBI has started pulling that string, and they are still pulling that string, and where it leads is not just an election issue, it is a criminal issue — and Trump knows that.”
John Heilemann, the co-managing editor of Bloomberg Politics, added:
“The reason he did this is not because he’s out of his mind,” Heilmann said. “He did this is because, as you said Joe, I think he recognizes — he looked over at the FBI and said, this guy James Comey came to the White House, I asked him, if we believe this story, asked him for his loyalty, he wouldn’t give me his loyalty. He’s been investigating since last July, he’s now taking daily briefings on this matter, rather than weekly, he’s now asking for more prosecutors. Donald Trump knows what’s at the heart of this. I don’t know what that is, but he does, and he’s saying this guy knows, too.”
Look: I dunno. I’ve seen the phrase “inflection point,” quite a lot in the last few days. There are serious articles from serious publications saying that the Republicans are distancing themselves from Trump (at least those in the Senate). There are articles about Trump staffers needing to lawyer up. There’s also a lot of reports that Sean Spicer — and others on the communications team — won’t make it through the month, or even the week. People who defended Trump even though they knew better? And then get fired for it? Those are the people who are going to start leaking when they’re fired. Trump has been careful, with the exception of Michael Flynn, not to fire his people — just move them around.
Why? Because most of these people probably hate Trump, and as soon as they’re free to speak their mind, hopefully they’ll start doing just that.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia