Conservative America In Its Own Insane Words
This is flabbergasting.
Fox, apoplectic over its own polling showing wide public support for @AOC and @ewarren's wealth tax proposals, literally blames the fact that schools teach kids to be fair:— Steve Morris (@stevemorris__) February 5, 2019
"The idea of fairness has been promoted in our schools for a long time." pic.twitter.com/GowAZWYWpZ
Did you catch that? Because if you didn’t, Fox News anchors were expressing disgust at the fact that most Americans support taxing those who make over $10 million by 70 percent, and then they trot out some conservative pundit who says, I sh*t you not:
“The idea of fairness has been promoted in our schools for a long time. And we’re starting to see kids who grow up under this notion of fairness above all. And now they’re becoming voting age, and they’re bringing this ideology with them.”
Fairness is wrong?
Wait, wait, wait! Let me get this straight. Three wealthy personalities on Fox News — which supports a President who ostensibly was elected because of “economic anxiety” in Middle America — express disgust and contempt at the idea of “fairness” … but, conservatives vote against liberals for being “smug elitists.”
So, fairness is smug? And a fairer distribution of wealth is elitist?
I don’t think anyone understands the goddamn English language anymore.
Header Image Source: Fox News
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me