That Squee Sound? That's Us Celebrating the 'Her Story' Emmy Nomination
Trans representation in Hollywood is definitely still in dramatic need of improvement, but there is grounds for celebration too! Today amid the flashier big Emmy nominations came a delightful little surprise. Among the nominees for the Outstanding Short Form Comedy or Drama Series category was Her Story, a web series created by Jen Richards and Laura Zak, about the intersecting lives of trans and other queer women in Los Angeles, with a fierce commitment to telling authentic and diverse stories.
This adorable and at times heart wrenching show is a bit of a David facing off against Goliaths in this category, the lone indie darling project amid several TV-backed projects.
For those uninitiated, you can start here, and keep your fingers crossed that this will lead to a legit full length series from the little team that could, and prepare to bow down to the mightiness that is Angelica Ross:
You can find the entire first season here on the show’s page.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia