The 'Stranger Things 3' Trailer Has Landed
Summer is coming and that means Stranger Things 3. Netflix has unveiled the first trailer and fresh stills from the hotly anticipated return of one of their most popular shows. Of course they offer up ’80s nostalgia, a killer soundtrack, kids in peril, and a menacing monster.
Can you handle it?
Okay. So first thing’s first, please note that the hairspray Dustin uses to defend himself is the Farrah Fawcett spray Steve recommended in season two. That almost makes up for the lack of Joe Keery screentime in this trailer. Almost.
In other developments, all the older kids are getting jobs! Karen and Jonathan are trying to get into the workforce at the local newspaper, while Billy Hargrove is baring his chest and snarl as a lifeguard, and poor Steve is employed at an ice cream parlor that demands him to wear a cool-crushing uniform and must criminally top his majestic hair with a sailor’s hat. And it looks like things are heating up between Joyce Byers (Winona Ryder) and Jim Hopper (David Harbour), who looks sharp in a leisure suit or Hawaiian shirt. And spoiler alert: if that speech about wanting her to feel safe doesn’t make you cry, you may be dead inside.
But amid day jobs, romance, mall hangs, and good times, there’s still plenty of sinister things brewing in Hawkins, Indiana in the summer of ‘85.
And some well-damn-deserved girl time.
Stranger Things 3 hits Netflix on July 4.
Header Image Source: Netflix
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me