Netflix Cancels Its Third Series Ever
Though it is not unprecedented — the streaming service cancelled both Lilyhammer and Hemlock Grove after three seasons — Netflix will be canceling its third series, Bloodline, according to THR.
The series will be going ahead with its third season — a precarious prospect earlier this year after Florida, where the show is shot, cut its tax rebates — but it will be shortened from 13 episodes to 10. No specific reason has been given for canceling the series from Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler, but lack of buzz, anemic viewership, the lack of Ben Mendelsohn, and a second season that didn’t live up to the original first season are probably major factors.
Hopefully the series — originally envisioned as a five-or-six season series — will have an opportunity to wrap in a satisfactory way, rather than cliffhanging the third season and shopping it to other networks in the hopes of selling a fourth.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia