Did Netflix Really Release 'House of Cards' Early By Accident, Or Is This All Part of Frank's Plan?
House of Cards is set to premiere its third season in two weeks, but apparently Netflix just couldn’t keep it in its pants and accidentally released the whole thing earlier today. The entire season was only up for about 20 minutes before disappearing again.
Netflix swears this wasn’t a marketing ploy, but an honest “technical glitch.” Whether it was deliberate or not, House of Cards got a huge publicity boost today. Twitter and Facebook went crazy over the news, and if you’d forgotten about the season premiere, you were definitely reminded today.
Netflix reminded us that this is nothing unusual.
This is Washington. There's always a leak. All 13 episodes will launch February 27.— House of Cards (@HouseofCards) February 11, 2015
While Frank just laughed at us.
Did you really think I'd give everything away? Did you really. Good things come to those who wait. Good things and trains. #HouseOfCards— Francis J. Underwood (@RepUnderwoodSC) February 11, 2015
Well played, Frank.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia