Today Is Riot Grrrl Day, Thanks To Kathleen Hanna
Mark you calendars, because Boston Mayor Marty Walsh has declared April 9th Riot Grrrl Day in honor of Bikini Kill founder Kathleen Hanna.
What’s a Riot Grrrl, you ask?
In his press release (available at Vanyaland) the Mayor declares the goal of today is “to commemorate, celebrate, and actively promote the cultural significance of riot grrrl culture, and to inspire grrrls everywhere to shake up the status quo and create.”
The celebration will hit its climax tonight at the Wilbur theater with “An Evening With Kathleen Hanna.” But if you can’t make it to Boston, you can toast the awesomeness of Hanna from your own home by watching her doc The Punk Singer on Netflix.
Tell us in comments how you plan to bring Riot Grrrl Day to your town.
Kristy Puchko wants to see candy jewelry comeback.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia