So You Want To Be A Mermaid?
I’ll admit, my first instinct when I saw there’s a “mermaid school” in Brooklyn was to roll my eyes. Because of course, right? But cynics swim aside, because World of Swimming’s Mermaid School is more than a place where women and men can flop about in sparkling fish tails. It’s a place where bonding and empowerment blossoms beachside.
Gothamist sent a reporter to the school. And Rebecca Fishbein’s whole piece on the experience is totally worth the read. But you can get a peak of this finned fun with the video below:\
(Told you mermaids were the next big thing!)
Snark if you must. But “professional mermaid” Merle Liivand has no time for haters, telling Gothamist, “We have a saying that ‘mermaids never lose sleep over shrimp’s opinions.’”
Kristy Puchko always wanted to be Ursula. But to each their own.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia