Variety Shows: The Competitive Reality Series of Yesteryear
87th Annual Major League Baseball All-Star Game on Fox at 7:30pm ET. Seriously? Why is this happening now? Isn’t this the kind of thing that usually happens right around whatever the finals of the particular sport is? Why does baseball just insist on being weird and outdated about everything?
America’s Got Talent on NBC at 8:00pm ET. This is called “The Judge Cuts” which sounds like a clip show to me. I guess that’s the great part of these competition reality series; you can do clip shows at basically every stage of the season.
Animal Kingdom on TNT at 9:00pm ET.
Zoo on CBS at 9:00pm ET.
Maya & Marty on NBC at 10:00pm ET. First season finale. Did anyone watch this? How was it? Good enough that Maya Rudolph can stop doing those Seventh Generation commercials or nah? This hasn’t been renewed, but the stars have made hopeful statements about the show’s future. But it seems like shows like America’s Got Talent are filling the slot that variety shows once held on TV.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia