They're Cooking Up Career Reality Stars!
Food Network Star Kids on Food Network at 8:00pm ET. Series premiere. I know there’s already a Masterchef for kids, but I think it’s kind of gross to have reality shows starring actual children. Child stars in general are kind of iffy, but the whole structure of reality shows where they take deeply personal information to create “backstory” and re-cut a week’s worth of interactions to better fit a “narrative” seems especially predatory when it’s being done to people who aren’t actually old enough to have a solid understanding of that process. I think we have a problem with associating fame with wealth or success and not even all adults are able to parse that distinction.
Rizzoli & Isles on TNT at 9:00pm ET.
Teen Mom on MTV at 9:00pm ET. 15th season premiere. See above.
The Making of the Mob on AMC at 10:00pm ET.
Running Wild with Bear Grylls on NBC at 10:00pm ET. I already miss the Olympics.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia