Why is Anything Else Even on TV Tonight?
MTV Special: 2017 Video Music Awards on MTV at 8:00pm ET.
Sunday Night Football: Pre-season: San Francisco 49ers vs. Minnesota Vikings on NBC at 8:00pm ET.
Game of Thrones on HBO at 9:00pm ET. This is the 85 minute 7th season finale. This one episode is almost long enough to be a movie unto itself. And the audience is massive. I hadn’t understood just how far into the general cultural consciousness this show had gotten until this season, and it’s primarily because a bar in my hometown of DC did a themed “Game of Thrones” bar for the summer. There’s been waits over an hour to get into the bar every night it’s been open. I heard they had to shut down the line on Friday because it got to be over five hours long. To go to a BAR. Where you still have to PAY for drinks. Anyway, I went today and it was great and I have no idea why anything else is even trying to be on TV tonight.
The Strain on FX at 10:00pm ET.
Rick & Morty on Adult Swim at 11:30pm ET.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia