Looking at TV With Similar Levels of Forced Enthusiasm Right Now
American Ninja Warrior on NBC at 8:00pm ET. Ninth season finale. I’d say that “stupid human tricks” season is coming to an end, but we’ve still got “stupid, barely famous human tricks” coming up next on the list, so we’re not out of the woods yet.
Dancing With the Stars on ABC at 8:00pm ET. 25th season premiere. This season the names I recognize are Debbie Gibson, Nick Lachey, Vanessa Lachey, Frankie Muniz, Terrell Owens, Drew Scott, and Lindsey Stirling. The names I do not recognize are Victoria Arlen, Nikki Bella, Barbara Corcoran, Derek Fisher, Jordan Fisher, and Sasha Pieterse. I’m not looking any of them up either, feel free to discuss your own impressions in the comments and reveal your generational and taste intersections to all.
Monday Night Football: Detroit Lions at New York Giants on ESPN at 8:15pm ET.
I Hart Food on Food Network at 10:00pm ET. First season finale.
Midnight, Texas on NBC at 10:00pm ET. First season finale.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia