Voldemort and 9 Other Names You're Mispronouncing
10. Chiwetel Ejiofor. This is not how I pronounce it, with all due respect Chiwetel.
9. Jake Gyllenhaal. The actual pronunciation is Swedish. The G is silent.
8. Amanda Seyfried — It’s not fried, as in “fried chicken.” It’s not Seigfried, either. It’s SIGH-fred.
7. Martin Scorsese. Tim Burton in Singles actually screwed this up for me for many years.
That’s not how you pronounce it. This is how you pronounce it.
6. Charlize Theron. It’s THAIR-en. It sounds more like “throne” than “ther-on.”
5. Steve Buscemi. There is no H sound. It’s not Booshemi. It’s Boos-emi.
4. David Oyelowo. Don’t even fucking try it. You’ll just make an ass of yourself.
3. Rihanna It’s Ree-Anna, not Ree-Ah-na.
2. Pajiba — It’s a long I, goddamnit. It’s not Pah-jeeba. There is no silent j, either, like Pa-heeba. It’s Pah-j(eye)-bah. SAY IT CORRECTLY. Saying Pajeeba is a bannable offense.
… but I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who pronounces it that way. https://t.co/HxhJ5XY5HP— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) September 9, 2015
What? That’s not right. Don’t listen to her!